Miguel Contreras (pictured above on the right) is our first annual Bags of Love Foundation Scholarship winner. Miguel was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer which led to amputation below his right knee. Now, the 22-year-old is attending College of the Sequoias to become a nurse.
Read more below:
Scholarship application period is from January 1st - April 30th
To provide $500-$1000 awards offering educational assistance for college bound seniors or students currently enrolled in a college/university. Number of scholarships awarded determined by funds available.
1. Essay: Write a personal essay in which you explain how cancer has affected you and/or what you have done in your community to make a positive impact.
2. Application Form: Form must be completely and correctly filled out.
3. Transcript: Official or unofficial transcript.
4. Letter of Recommendation: One required (Two recommended)
5. Proof of Enrollment: Letter of acceptance or class schedule.
6. Proof of Diagnosis: Letter of diagnosis from doctor
Submit application no later than April 30, 2020: 11:59pm Pacific Time Zone
For questions regarding the application please email Julian at firstname.lastname@example.org